Salarium is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company that provides an end-to-end payroll automation system for small, medium and large businesses. It is headquartered in Makati, Philippines.
Salarium makes it effortless for businesses to manage and pay their employees by combining and automating Timekeeping, Payroll, and Disbursement tools in one convenient and customizable software.
Exist helped Salarium Implement a container-orchestration system for automating their application deployment, scaling, and management.
Salarium wanted to deliver a shippable product without compromising the up-time of its applications and scale its services efficiently. The solution to this is to utilize a container-orchestration system for automating application deployment, but Salarium does not have enough resources to do the job.
Salarium collaborated with Exist for the implementation of a container-orchestration platform commonly known as Kubernetes, and automated the deployment and release cycle of Salarium’s applications.
DevOps Implementation with Container Orchestration
Exist provided cluster management for Kubernetes. This enables DevOps opportunities for our clients. Developers may now test their container implementation in a Kubernetes testing namespace with a single Git push, while only operators will be able to deploy containers in the production namespace.
Exist tailor-fitted the solution, having the necessary features for the operational needs of the client. Exist introduced several technologies such as:
- Docker – to containerized the applications
- Kubernetes – container orchestration system
- Prometheus, EFK (Elasticsearch, Fluentd, and Kibana) and Grafana for monitoring tools
- Terraform – to create the managed Kubernetes cluster
- The process became faster. The company was able to adapt as the cycles are working well just as how they envisioned it.
- There has been an assurance that any releases will not cause any downtime.
- With the new infrastructure, Salarium can now monitor our application’s health through Grafana, and can easily investigate issues or conduct analytics through Kibana.
Improvements in the delivery
- The client plans to engage with Exist again for other services such as QA automation, optimization of architectural design and components upgrade.