The global Hadoop market along with related hardware, software, and services is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 58.2% reaching $58.2B in 2020, according to Allied Market Research (AMR).
Apache Hadoop is an open-source software framework for storage and large-
Allied Research’s market research report divided the Hadoop market into software, hardware, and services segments.
Hadoop software market
- The Hadoop software segment is projected to show the greatest annual growth through 2020.
- Increasing venture capital investments which lead to an additional number of Hadoop distributors, is the major reason for growth in the Hadoop software market.
- It is further segmented as application software, management software, packaged software and performance monitoring software markets.
- The Hadoop packaged software segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of 62.9% between 2013 and 2020. The biggest forces behind this trend are organizations like MapR, Hortonworks, and Cloudera, who deal in packaged software solutions for the Hadoop platform.
Hadoop hardware market
- Hadoop Hardware Market is segmented into servers, storage and network equipment market.
- Storage led the way in 2013 in terms of revenue as social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn added terabytes of data each day.
- The Hadoop server market will expand at 60.1% annual clip through 2020 as the demand for more volume and more velocity hadoop are ever increasing.
Hadoop services market
- The Hadoop services market is dominating with a market share of about 50% of the global Hadoop market driven by the need for data analysis.
- The Hadoop services market comprises the following segments: consulting, training and outsourcing, integration and deployment, and middleware & support services.
- The Consulting and training segment, along with the outsourcing segment, accounted for highest revenue generation in 2013.
Adoption and trends
- Hadoop is deployed by many large organizations across different industries including government, banking and finance and IT – with government leading in terms of revenue from Hadoop end user applications at the moment but financial services expected to take the lead by 2020.
- North America would remain the leading market for Hadoop software, hardware and services in terms of revenue and will continue to remain so till 2020 since majority of Hadoop distribution organizations and technology vendors are located in North America.
- The Asia-Pacific, however, is projected to be the fastest growing regional market, with a CAGR of 59.2 percent during 2013-2010.
- The report also identified key players in the market including Amazon Web Services Inc; Cisco Systems Inc; Cloudera Inc; Datameer Inc; Hortonworks Inc; Karmasphere Inc; MapR Technologies; Pentaho Corporation; Teradata Corporation; and MarkLogic
Unlock the value of your data. Get in touch with us to find out more about our Big Data solutions and services.